Call the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 1-844-880-1574 (available 24/7) and ask to make a vulnerable adult report. Be prepared to provide as much information as possible, such as:
- The name and address of the vulnerable adult
- The name and address of the caregiver
- The name and address of the alleged perpetrator
- The nature and extent of the suspected maltreatment
- The date and time of the alleged incident
Please do not email a vulnerable adult report, as we cannot ensure the message will be secure and protect private information.
After you have made the report, the Blue Earth County Adult Protection staff will screen the report to determine if it meets criteria to proceed with an investigation. You can ask to receive notification of the final investigation report determining whether or not maltreatment occurred. However, sometimes this information cannot be released due to data privacy and/or the health and safety of the vulnerable adult. Reporter's names are confidential and retaliation is prohibited and penalized.