Intern Application Process
Applying OnlineBlue Earth County Community Correction’s (BECCC) welcomes you as an applicant. It is policy of the Intern Program to consider each applicant on the basis of individual ability and merit, without regard to race, color creed, age, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, marital status, or public assistance status. Upon request, accommodations will be provided to applicants in accordance with American with Disabilities ACT (ADA). Please call (507) 304-4288 to make a request.
Application TipsTo insure that your application will be accurately processed:
- Prior to being accepted as an intern of BECCC, individuals are asked to complete and submit an application form.
- This website will walk you through the application form step-by-step. Once you click submit, you are done.
- Make sure the application is completed in its entirety. Incomplete applications may lose credit or be removed from further consideration.
- Interns must be willing to abide by the professional ethics of the field of corrections. This includes maintaining confidentiality of records and of information learned about a client, except as authorized or mandated for the sharing of that information with designated persons.
- Candidates must fill out an application, cooperate with a background and driver's license check and meet with the volunteer coordinator before being placed.
- Applicants with criminal histories must be off probation for one year prior to placement unless approved by the director.
- Applicants must complete any required orientation or training sessions.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for acceptance.