Listed below are some of the requirements for obtaining a fireworks permit in Blue Earth County:
- Operator must be at least 21 years of age and be a licensed pyrotechnic.
- Application must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the event.
- State law prohibits private individuals from sponsoring fireworks displays. Examples of organizations that are eligible would be a city, fair association, or public / private organizations.
- Following items must be submitted to the County:
- Completed Fireworks Permit Application (PDF)
- $25 permit fee
- Map of the grounds where the fireworks will be displayed
- $1,000,000 certificate of insurance with Blue Earth County listed as the certificate holder, which can be faxed to (507) 304-4344
Once the above has been submitted, the County will obtain the Sheriff's Office approval.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Jahnke
at (507) 304-4491.