Community Support Program & Resource Center
Second Step Clubhouse is a Community Support (CSP) Program and resource center for individuals with serious and persistent mental illnesses (SPMI)
. The Clubhouse offers:
- A safe, stigma-free environment for members to develop skills through structured groups and social/recreational activities and programming which emphasize individual strengths and abilities.
- Support to develop friendships and encouragement to engage in employment, education and community opportunities.
- A recovery focus which allows members to educate and empower themselves on their mental health.
- Opportunities for members to participate in shared ownership and responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Clubhouse.
Applications to become a member of Second Step Clubhouse are reviewed for the following requirements:
- Adult (18 or older)
- Meets the criteria as having a serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI)
- Actively receiving a mental health support service, such as Adult Mental Health Case Management, psychiatric services, therapy or ARMHS services.
- Able to safely participate in the Clubhouse program.
Becoming a Member
How to Become a Clubhouse Member:
- Call the Clubhouse to schedule a tour
- Fill out the membership application form
- Wait for application verification and approval
- Attend a New Member Orientation meeting