Adult Mental Health Case Management Services
Adult Mental Health Case Management Services assist adults with serious & persistent mental illnesses (SPMI) to gain access to mental health, medical, social, educational, vocational and other necessary services connected to the individual’s mental health needs.
Core components of Adult Mental Health Case Management Services:
- Assessment – Assessing the individual’s needs and the impact of mental health symptoms on the individual’s functioning in various areas of their life.
- Planning – Planning for service needs and establishing goals on the Individual Community Support Plan.
- Referral and Linkage – Assisting individuals with referrals to resources, establishing services and developing formal and informal supports.
- Monitoring and Coordination – Assisting individuals to monitor the effectiveness of services they are receiving and to coordinate with service providers to help ensure the most effective care.
- Targeted Case Management Services
- Rule 79 Case Management Services
- Assisting individuals to receive a diagnostic assessment to determine their eligibility for mental health case management services.
- Providing short-term assistance and services to individuals seeking eligibility for Adult Mental Health Case Management Services.
- Providing information on mental health and other community resources.
- Assisting with making referrals for other needed services.
To request case management services:
Call (507) 304-4319 and ask to speak with an Adult Mental Health Case Management Intake Worker.