Voting Early In Person or By Mail
Any eligible voter can vote early in person or by mail.
Some voters live in a mail ballot precinct where registered voters automatically receive a ballot. Other voters who wish to vote early must request an absentee ballot by completing an Absentee Ballot Application or they may vote early in person.
Absentee Ballot Applications and information may be found on the Secretary of State's website at MNVotes.org.
Military and overseas voters can also refer to the State's website for more information.
Absentee ballots are available and mailed to voters starting approximately five or six weeks before the election.
Returning Your Absentee Ballot
After a voter receives the absentee ballot packet, and the ballot is voted, the voter should return the voted ballot as soon as possible. The most important things to remember:
- Follow the instructions provided in the mailing
- Be sure all required information and signatures are provided
- Be sure your ballot is received by the Blue Earth County Elections Office by the deadline for the election (see the instructions provided with the ballot packet for the election)
- Return postage is prepaid so a voter can mail the ballot to the Blue Earth County Elections Office. The return envelope is pre-addressed to the Blue Earth County Elections Office.
- Voted ballots may be dropped off by the voter at Blue Earth County Elections Office during normal office hours. This can be done up to 3:00 pm on Election Day.
- Voted ballots may be dropped off by an agent of the voter at the Blue Earth County Elections Office during normal office hours. The agent must be at least 18 years old, must bring in a photo ID, and will complete a short form documenting the delivery of the ballot. This can be done up to 3:00 pm on Election Day.
Absentee Ballot packets can be tracked from the point the voter submits the request/application to the point it is accepted by the county. Track your absentee ballot here.
Voting Early In Person
All voters may also vote early in person at the Blue Earth County Elections Office during the following times for the primary and general elections:
- During normal office hours (8:00 am to 4:30 p.m.) beginning 46 days before the election
- On October 31 (the Saturday before the election) from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- On November 2 (the Monday before the election) until 5:00 pm