Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility
Winter Hours of Operation
December - End of February
- Tuesday 12 - 4 pm
- Thursday 12 - 4 pm
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be open to Blue Earth, Nicollet, & Le Sueur County residents for limited winter hours beginning Tuesday, December 5th. It will be open Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from Noon - 4 pm until the end of February. No appointment needed. Residents can enter through the east gate and drive to the back of the facility. You must have proof of residency upon arrival. The Product Reuse Center will not be open to the public during winter collections.
Steps to safely store your items over the winter:
- Keep products away from heat sources, such as furnaces or charging batteries. Many hazardous waste items release dangerous gases or catch fire if exposed to a heat source.
- Do NOT store products where they can freeze.
- Do NOT mix products.
- Keep products in the original containers labelled with its contents.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
About the Program
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) program operates with a permit from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. It is permitted to accept wastes from households only, located in Blue Earth, Nicollet and Le Sueur Counties, not from businesses, non-profits or institutions.
- Products should be in their original containers, and kept separate
- All products should be identified
- Products should not be kept in hot cars in the sun
- Products should not be frozen
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at: 651 Summit Ave, Mankato.
Below is a partial listing of products accepted at the HHW facility:
|Metal polish with solvents
|Floor care products
|Charcoal lighter fluid
|Artists' paints & mediums
|Decorative light strings
|Dry cleaning solvents
|Propane tanks (up to 40 lbs. or less)
|Swimming pool acids
Household Hazardous WastePhysical Address
651 Summit Ave
Mankato, MN 56001
PO Box 3566
Mankato, MN 56002-3566
Phone: (507) 304-4251
April - October
Tuesday: Noon - 6:00 pm
Wednesday & Thursday: Noon - 4:00 pm
2nd Saturday of each Month: 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
November - Closed
December - February
Tuesday & Thursday: Noon - 4:00 pm
March - Closed
*Product Reuse Area hours are available from April - October and closed the remainder of the year.