Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility
Facility Closes for the Season
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility and Product Reuse Center have closed for the 2021 Season. The last day open is Thursday, October 28th. The facility reopens for the 2022 Season on the first Tuesday in April. If you have household hazardous waste to dispose of, please follow these simple steps to safely store your items over the winter.
- Keep products away from heat sources, such as furnaces. Many hazardous waste items release dangerous gases or catch fire if exposed to a heat source.
- Do NOT store products where they can freeze.
- Keep products in the original containers with labels attached.
- Do not mix products.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will be open to Blue Earth, Nicollet, and Le Sueur County residents for winter appointments beginning Tuesday, December 7th. It will be open Tuesday and Thursday afternoons until 4 pm by appointment only, until the end of February. The Product Reuse Center will not be open to the public during these appointments.
- You must have proof of residency upon arrival - license, utility bill, or tax document
- Residents can enter through the east gate and drive to the back of the facility
- To make an appointment call 507-304-4251
Hours of Operation
Open April - End of October
Tuesday 12 - 6 PM
Wednesday 12 - 4 PM
Thursday 12 - 4 PM
Second Saturday 8 AM - 12:30 PM
Product Reuse Center
Tuesdays 12 - 6 PM
About the ProgramThe Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) program operates with a permit from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency. It is permitted to accept wastes from households only, located in Blue Earth, Nicollet and Le Sueur Counties, not from businesses, non-profits or institutions.
- Products should be in their original containers, and kept separate
- All products should be identified
- Products should not be kept in hot cars in the sun
- Products should not be frozen
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is located at:
651 Summit Avenue
Mankato, MN 56001
Below is a partial listing of products accepted at the HHW facility:
|Aerosol Cans||Furniture polishes|
|Aluminum Cleaners||Household cleaners|
|Ammonia-based cleaners||Metal polish with solvents|
|Bug/insect sprays||Oven cleaners|
|Fire Extinguishers||Floor care products|
|Battery acids||Motor oil|
|Car waxes||Oil filters|
|Caulking compounds||Paint thinners|
|Charcoal lighter fluid||Roofing tars|
|Artists' paints & mediums||Lighter fluids|
|Button batteries||Moth balls|
|Decorative light strings||Photographic chemicals|
|Dry cleaning solvents||Propane tanks (up to 40 lbs. or less)|
|Extension cords||Rat poisons|
|Farm pesticides||Rechargeable batteries|
|Fertilizers||Swimming pool acids|
|Fiberglass epoxies||Thermometers (Mercury)|
|Ink/toner cartridges||Weed killers|