Filing for Public Office
2016 Candidate Filing Period Open
The filing period for the 2016 elections begins Tuesday, May 17 at 8 a.m. and will run through Tuesday, May 31 at 5 p.m. Filings occur at the Blue Earth County License Center. Candidates may file for County Commissioner seats, Soil and Water Conservation District seats and state legislative and judicial seats. Blue Earth County also serves as the filing official for City of Mankato candidates.
Follow this link to see up-to-date filings for Blue Earth County.
Public Office Affidavit of Candidacy
All candidates must file affidavits stating, in part:
- Name of the office sought
- Candidate is an eligible voter
- Candidate has no other affidavit on file for any other office for the election
- Candidate meets the qualifications for the office
- Name listed on the affidavit is the candidate’s true name or name by which the candidate is commonly known in the community
Filing FeeA filing fee must be paid at the time of filing the Affidavit of Candidacy.
- County Office - $50
- City of Mankato Office - $20
- Soil and water conservation district supervisor - $20